Wednesday 7 January 2015

A new year, a new start...

Hello there wild wanderlings...

So its 2015 and this blog hasn't been update in forever..

But with the new year comes a new start and a fresh perspective.
For the past 18 months or so Ive found it hard to get out as much as I could, (and lets face it the blog isnt exactly filled with posts)  the past 2 years has been horrific, First my long term girlfriend lost her mother, then I lost both my parents and this kind of hits hard for quite a while, even now nearly 2 years later none of it really has sunk in.
It drags you down a few notches and doesn't seem to let you get back up to where you want to be.
With this "depression" comes loss of health and appetite for life as you wallow in your own self pity and its hard to get out of.

I've never really understood depression until this past year or so, I always thought it an excuse people use to be...for lack of a better word lazy...or is that crazy?

I now understand what it takes to live with it, and it isnt a nice thing..

But as my old fella used to say, "you have to pick yourself up and dust yourself down, and crack on!"

And so I start 2015 with several goals in mind..

Firstly I have put on quite a few pounds, I usually sit at around 13.5 stone, im currently 16.7 so my first goal is to get back down to a slimmer version of myself.

Secondly I plan to do as much camping and walking as possible over the next 12 months to help me lose weight and regain my fitness.

And lastly to blog it all, I mean its about time I did I suppose, I keep starting these things and have been around the internet since 1992 so thats nearly...23 years...wow.....and i still havent managed to maintain a blog...

So, here we go then...


No comments:

Post a Comment